Sunday, April 18, 2010

Snappah!

I've been working on a short comic based on some music fables written by a friend. The characters are all animals, and my character was "the Critic". I chose to portray him as a snapping turtle. Of course the week I finished, I went down to see some of my fam in Virginia and ran into this 18 inch snapper sunning herself on the grass. A perfect opportunity to get some reference immediately after I could have used it. Ah well. It was still a pretty awesome sight.




2 comments:

Hunter said...

I hate what that happens. Similarly, when you find an awesome photo to use for reference, but don't know what to use it for!

Looks great. Will it be available to the public any time soon?

Andrew DeGraff said...

I always tell my students how lucky they are to have google images. When I was in school in 2000 - 2001, there was almost no good user generated content. Finding anything good was chance, and I would still hit the Pratt library's reference library, which sounds crazy nowadays - to have a library of photos categorized by subject! As far as when the book comes out, I sadly have no idea. It's in the post production vortex!